Friday, October 29, 2004

Change

Looking at the news, the candidates, the concerns, the warnings, the flashing lights and rock steady intro music, you must think the opposite, and that is: there is a way through and up.

I am excited that today I had a crisis. Watching The View, I self-diagnosed myself with pre-election anxiety disorder. I have been so mad at the media for not having challenged Bush on the intelligence used to validate the war with Iraq. And I was sick of having to choose the lesser of two evils. And I felt completely overwhelmed.

And I had such cynicism. I had heard of blogs. And I thought who the hell would read someone else's thoughts. What drivel it all must be.

But I remembered a realization I had younger in life: it doesn't matter which direction you go in, just start sailing. And so I am starting a blog, to offer my daily reflection on the world of politics. I hope to be less biting, more open, and more optimistic about our world.

You just have to accept eventually that things in this world are crazy. I have given up trying to make George Bush make sense in my world. He doesn't make sense in my world. And I don't need him to tell me that I'm okay, but he sure is welcome to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home